A Freeway in Hell

My thoughts on the nature of our late capitalist society. The title should give some clue what I think of that! US 101 or I-80 as metaphor for our imperatives. Besides worrying about what sort of black hole we are speeding into, I like airships. One reason being the almost inescapble desire to have one to get out of a traffic jam!

Name:
Location: Sonoma County, California

Grew up a military brat, Californian-in-exile, reactionary libertarian-essentially spent the 70s on Mars, for I am hearing impaired and I did not know what the music was saying. Generally still don't unless I listen to it over and over or find the words captioned on a movie or somewhere on line. Came "back" to California to begin my adult life, have not lived elsewhere since. No regrets there despite our problems here. Have studied physics, more math than most human beings will ever need, worked on spaceship projects (well, one) at JPL. Lived with a wonderful disabled person who lives no more--L Natasha Littletree RIP October 2004. I have a life plan, just kind of vague on some of the short-term stuff.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Cum Granum Salum

Well I hope I got the Latin right.

And I checked off perfectly true claims to like all the old traditional carols too.



What Christmas Carol are you?




You are 'Christmas Time is Here, by Golly!', by Tom Lehrer. Hmm, you really don't like Christmas, do you? From the moment they start playing carols in the shops in October to the appearance of the first Easter Eggs in the shops on New Years Eve, the rampant hypocrisy of the Christmas spirit sets your teeth on edge. You know just how many family fights start over Christmas dinner, how many people are injured in the Boxing Day sales, and how few people actually find Christmas even remotely merry. You liked Scrooge far better before those ghosts got to him, and you are only doing this quiz because you are bored at work and anything is better than listening to everyone else discuss their Christmas shopping. Still, it is two days off work, which does count for something... Enjoy the break.
Take this quiz!








Quizilla
Join

Make A Quiz More Quizzes Grab Code



2 Comments:

Blogger PoliShifter said...

My response to you on the Vannity Press.

Mark Foxwell | Homepage | 01.14.07 - 8:52 am | #

You can equate and think what you like, it is after all still a free country though I'm sure Bush has other designs.

Perhaps the extreme left is superior to the extreme right. I cannot really make a judgement on that since it would be biased from the start.

But I do think when extremists go to the point to prevent a naitivity scene from being displayed unless it contains Stalin, Hilter, and nazi gingerbreadmen in the stead of the baby Jesus and the wisemen really does little to help the cause.

Show me an extreme liberl and I'll show you a conservative Libertarian.

I believe whole heartedly in the seperation of Church and State as well as the absolute freedom to do what we chose in our household as long as it does not hurt another human being.

I just think sometimes that both the extreme left and right pick the wrong battles to fight in order to make a point that really does not further the cause.

But it is nice to know that such very hardcore, dogmatic liberals do still exist in the world.

If you bothered to look at my blog and what I write about surely you would see that I am more on your side that that of fascism which is where this country is headed.

Incidently, Chavez is too taking his country toward a path of fascism and he is a leftist. Go figure.

1/14/2007 3:03 PM  
Blogger PoliShifter said...

incidently I fucking hate Christmas and if I was a Christmas Carroll it would be about how much I hate Christmas.

1/14/2007 3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home